[texbirds] Re: Cave Swallows vs. Barn Swallows

  • From: Robert Reeves <birder.reeves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ilayton@xxxxxxxxx" <ilayton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 20:13:02 -0500

Cave Swallow nest is made from mud like Cliff Swallow, but is open on top
like Barn, so it makes sense that they would nest in the same space as a
Barn Swallow.  We saw this some years ago at the shopping center in
Dripping Springs where the Super S grocery store was.  I didn't notice any
aggression, but both species were nesting there.
Robert Reeves
Pflugerville