[texbirds] Cat Mountain, Austin -- Canyon Wren

  • From: Elliott Gordon <tengalloncat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 17:03:46 -0600

Walking home from the bus stop today, I heard a lot of commotion from near
a garage door on my street. Thinking that a) a really quiet alarm was going
off or b) a bird was trapped in the garage, I approached and a wren flew up
onto the roof. It had a white belly, dark elsewhere, and perfect match for
a Canyon Wren, including the calls it was making. This happened to be two
doors down from my house, so almost a yard bird, and my first Central Texas
sighting, so quite exciting for me.
Valburn Drive, 78731 for those who don't know "Cat Mountain."

Elliott M. Gordon
Austin, TX