[texbirds] Re: Cassin's Finch in TX - CALL

  • From: mitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 17:42:49 -0800

Hi all,

I typically hear three notes in a connected series from Cassin's Finch.
"Gid-dy-up" or somesuch.  Sort of like the musical Chestnut-collared
Longspur call (not the rattle).  In other words nothing like the single
note widely seperated flat unmusical pit - - - - -  pit  of a Purple
Finch.

BTW my one Cassin's Finch record from here was in ....   November.
Heard first, then seen, then digiscoped.

Mitch Heindel
Utopia