[texbirds] Cassin's FInches in the Davis Mountains

  • From: Mark Lockwood <Mark.Lockwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx' (texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 20:31:21 +0000

There have been Cassin's Finches in the upper elevations of the Davis Mountains
all winter, but we are now seeing an influx lower down.  This includes birds
visiting both feeding stations at Davis Mountains State Park.  I wonder if
these are migrants moving back northward, I have no idea.  I put images of a
male and female taken in the state park for those interested at
https://www.flickr.com/photos/70194759@N05/

Mark

Mark Lockwood
Alpine, Texas 79830