[texbirds] Cape May Warbler - Hornsby Bend - 1/31

  • From: Chuck Sexton <gcwarbler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds Posting Posting <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 19:06:44 -0600

I’m passing on this information from Greg Lasley:

Mark Rosenstein (MA), Heidi Munzinger (CA), and Greg located a male Cape May
Warbler at Hornsby Bend at 2 p.m. this afternoon.  The bird was well documented
with photos by both Greg and Mark:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gwldragon/sets/72157640369380143/
http://www.inaturalist.org/observations/516630

The bird was found near the bank of the Colorado River at the old river
crossing, accessed from Platt Lane.  To my knowledge this is probably only the
second winter record of a Cape May in the Austin checklist area ever.

I have no further information about the location or details other than what
Greg describes on the above Flickr page.

Chuck Sexton
Austin, TXEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at