[texbirds] Canton, Van Zandt County, 51 species

  • From: Dale Ohl <lsdolls@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds Posting Email <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 16:29:45 -0500

Hi TexBirders.  Starting at 8:40 this morning and continuing until almost
noon, I was able to tick 51 species.  Highlights were 9 warblers and I
assume I missed some. High counts of interest included 7 Gray Catbird, 5
Common Yellowthroat and 23 Nashville Warblers. There may have well been
many times that number of Nashville Warblers in the area.  I got tired of
looking through them for other warblers, everywhere I went  there were
Nashvilles.
Most fun bird was the Bell's Vireo.  There was an apparent family of emps?
that went unidentified. And one  bird that might have been an Eastern
Wood-Pewee but also went unidentified.

The last 24 hours yielded an additional 15 birds  to my Van Zandt county
list.
Dale Ohl
Canton, TX
Van Zandt County