[texbirds] Canada Goose

  • From: dennis shepler <dawgler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 16:18:43 -0500

Howdy Texbirders,
I also saw the Canada Goose that Eric had seen along FM 2588.  I have
photos.
There is a large assemblage of shorebirds.  Still hundreds of Wilson's
Phalaropes (more than yesterday).  New for today were Black-bellied and
Semipalmated Plovers.  Still large numbers of Pectorals, both Yellowlegs
(Lesser more plentiful).  A variety of peep (White-rumped is there).
White-tailed and Swainson's Hawks were in attendance.
ELMoore produced 16 species of warblers with Mourning and Canada being my
favorites.  Thanks to the two birders who kept me on track in finding the
Canada.  Kind fellows.  And, thanks to Steve Gast for the discussion of
empid and caprimulgid ids.  But, I did miss Steve's HudGods at Bush Park.
Still searching for HudGods.
Dennis
West Houston
Harris County