[texbirds] Can you identified these species? - need jizz.

  • From: MBB22222@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 09:57:43 -0500 (EST)

Perhaps this is a quiz for these who are utilizing the jizz in the field.
This is not a secret that I am fascinated with  many avian species feeding
on fish and to get food they often have to plunge into water. Some species
will  plunge when bathing also. I just put together photos of 12 species
which  are illustrating more or less precise moment of the plunge into water.
Birds in  some photos will be very easy to identified, in some more difficult
(jizz will  help).  BTW I included couple photos of species that, to my best
knowledge,  were not known to plunge, so please be extra careful. These who
would like to  have some fun and will post/send ID list I will notified of
the score (# of  correct IDs) ASAP. Later I will provide the complete list.

Hope some of you will have fun studying the photo although no photo can
compete with fun when watching birds plunging in nature.

_http://www.pbase.com/mbb/image/147187274/original_
(http://www.pbase.com/mbb/image/147187274/original)

Mark B Bartosik
Houston, Texas