[texbirds] California Gull at Lake Kirby, Abilene, TX

  • From: Jay Packer <jay@xxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 18:25:44 -0600

Just a very quick note...
Yesterday Dan Symonds found a first winter California Gull at Lake Kirby.
The bird spent most of its time on the west side of the lake, but was also
seen flying on the north side above the dam, and down the east side of the
lake. I was able to obtain good photographs of this individual. If you want
to chase the bird, I strongly recommend a vehicle with some clearance.
You'll need to enter the lake on the east side, off of Maple St. You can
then go north and make your way across the dam, and then go to the west
side. If you should see the bird, I would be interested in hearing updates.
Good luck!

--
Jay Packer
jay@xxxxxx