[texbirds] CORRECTION: Coopers juvenile hunting

  • From: Monte <monte.phillips@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 09:59:24 -0500

Had Coopers on the mind when I wrote/labled this.   Sorry.  It is a
juvenile Red-shouldered Hawk.
;)    I just chalk it up to advancing Oldtimerz.

Memorial Day we went out locally and while cruising around took a spin
through Levy Middle School grounds.  Two Hawks flew in so we stopped to
take a closer look.  One was an adult Coopers, and the other an older
juvenile.  Wife grabbed the camera and headed off to see if she could
get a shot.    This is a sequence showing the young one trying to get a
snake...his antics were funny, and his lunch didn't include that
particular snake...but he certainly tried.  I loved the frame where he
is tentatively reaching out with one foot. He was quite a distance away
so the shots aren't 'art'.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/e1blh-id7Q_a7T8rCupLd9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

--
Monte -
Texas state motto 'If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short... saddle up

--
Monte -
Texas state motto 'If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short... saddle up
and ride it all the way in!'

---
is active.