[texbirds] CBC prep

  • From: "Ray Porter" <ray.porter314@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 20:21:39 -0600

Last couple of days I have been going around checking places in the area I
will hopefully find some birds. The Highlands reservoir is filling back up
with Snow Geese.  They were a little too far out for me to definitely ID any
Ross's and the wind and cold felt like ice cutting through my eyes.

The hilite today was a male Baltimore Oriole and I believe I also saw a
female. Two days in a row I heard the unfamiliar call so I believe at least
the male was here yesterday.

Ray Porter
Highlands, Tx