[texbirds] Bullock's Orioles and such

  • From: jgstudio@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 00:03:12 -0400 (EDT)

The Orioles in my 'hood have fledged quite succesfully, with several of the new
crop coming to my feeders. Additionally I see many of their mothers. I usually
don't see many females until all the nesting chores are complete. As for the
males, their numbers are also swelling and I get a chance to compare not only
age differences but some individual characteristics. I will post a couple of
pictures of different individuals tomorrow. I am kind of beat up from chasing
(successfully!) the Rufous-necked Wood-rail up the road at Bosque del Apache.
Very cool bird!

John Groves
El Paso