[texbirds] Bullock's Oriole, other migrants at Quinta Mazatlan

  • From: John Brush <jsbrush10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 11:29:16 -0500

Hello Texbirders,
Another great day in the park this morning. The bird walk warmed up with
some great looks at Carolina Wren, then everything just got better from
there. We flushed up at least one Chuck-will's-widow (couldn't re-find the
Eastern Whip - may have moved on), as well as relocating one of our local
Common Pauraques along the Discovery Trail.

Nashville Warbler, Indigo Bunting, made cameos, and we all were nearly
blinded by a gorgeous male Bullock's Oriole out on the Ebony Grove trail.
Swainson's and Broad-winged Hawks were flying overhead intermittently and a
Summer Tanager staring to get some red made a brief appearance. Full
checklist below.

Black-bellied Whistling-Duck  2
Plain Chachalaca  18
Neotropic Cormorant  1