[texbirds] Re: Buff-bellied Hummingbird in West Texas

  • From: carolynohl@xxxxxxx
  • To: carolynohl@xxxxxxx, TEXBIRDS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 17:34:30 -0400 (EDT)

I stated originally that it was a young male. Kelly just informed me that based
on the measurements and lack of forked tail it's a female. I believe when he
measured it I heard him say 90% bill grooving, so that means it hasn't been out
of the nest as long as you would expect for this time of year.

Carolyn Ohl-Johnson

Christmas Mountains Oasis
Big Bend area

 http://cmoasis.blogspot.com