[texbirds] Brown Booby

  • From: lmj6464@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 18:30:41 -0500 (EST)

Dear Texbirders,

Just a note on the Brown Booby that Susan Foster reported on.  Judith and I saw
the bird this morning. It is an adult and was originally discovered by Dave
Grise.  To get to the location, take Exit 7 (Suntide Road) off I-37 and go
north toward the ship channel.  When you get to the end of Suntide, the ship
channel is in front of you. The bird has been flying around the ship channel to
the left.  Dave reported that sometimes it perches on the dock on the far side
of the channel.  When I saw it this morning, it was visible for a couple of
minutes and then disappeared behind a ship that was tied up to a dock on the
near shore to the left, so if you don't see it immediately, you may need to be
patient.

Larry Jordan
Corpus Christi