[texbirds] Broad-tailed hummingbird update, yard snipe

  • From: KEITH KINGDON <kekingdon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds posting <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 13:01:51 -0600

An adult female broad-tailed present since 11-1 along with a hatch year male
R/A selasphorus are still present in our NW Houston yard. One other selasphorus
seen irregularly. While standing on our back porch Saturday, we were suprised
by a Wilson's snipe taking flight from a large clump of firespike next to a
small moving water feature about 10 feet away for an unexpected new yard bird
species ( #136 off the top of my head). Keith Kingdon