[texbirds] Brewster Co. Long-tailed Duck

  • From: Heidi Trudell <heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2013 12:45:41 -0600

Steve Collins talked us out of unpacking (good to be home!) for a
quick jaunt to the Marathon ponds; good thing, as he found a female(?)
Long-tailed Duck before I could even see over the berm! Peter
Keyel(sp?) and Matt and I watched the bird intermittently until about
noon. Matt will be posting pics at some point, Steve probably got some
excellent shots.

*** These are the private ponds on the SW of town, not visible from
the roads, please contact Matt York or myself for access details.

Other notable Brewster birds: Greater White-fronted Goose, Canvasback,
Ring-necked and Bonaparte's Gulls, Lesser Scaup. Excellent stuff turns
up when we leave town ;-)

Rock on.

No positive reports of the Lewis's Woodpecker from this morning, I
hope to give it a try tomorrow.

Happy trails,

-h

Heidi Trudell
Marathon, TX

--

Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary
necessities. - Mark Twain