[texbirds] Brazoria NWR - June 21 Bird list

  • From: Mary Ann Melton <mammelton50@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TEXBIRDS <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 16:43:18 -0500

We got out to the Brazoria NWR earlier in the day on Thursday and possibly
spent more time.  I'm still working on tern identification - so I've posted
some photos on flickr for those who have time to help me get my id's correct
(and to help me learn).  One of the images is probably not a tern, my best
guess is juvenile laughing gull. The first picture I think are black terns. I
think the others are Forster's terns - both adult and juvenile and a gull
billed tern.  Thanks for any help with the id's.

I have photos of the juvenile reddish egret as well as several of the chicks
and ducklings- if anyone is interested I'll add those as well.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/maryannmelton/sets/72157630240795666/

Brazoria Natioal Wildlife Refuge Bird List - Day 2

Cormorant
Great egret
Snowy egret
Little blue heron
Tri colored egret
Reddish egret juvenile

White ibis
Roseate Spoonbill
Wood Stork

Fulvous whistling duck
Black bellied whistling duck with chicks
Blue-wing teal

Turkey vulture

Northern Bobwhite

Common gallinule & chick (moorhen)
American coot

Killdeer
American oystercatcher

Black-necked Stilt & chicks
American Avocet
Willet

Laughing gull
Gull billed tern??? (see flickr photos)
Forster's Tern
Black Tern ??? (see flickr photos)

Mourning dove

Eastern phoebe
Scissor tailed flycatcher - juvenile

Barn swallow

Northern mockingbird

Loggerhead shrike

Dickcissel

Eastern Meadowlark

Great tailed grackle

Stilt
Dickcissel
Meadowlark
Willet

Red wing blackbird
Neotropic cormorant

Sooty term???? Darker gray wings

3 species of tern
Unifrntified shorebird photoed
Stilt chicks
Brown headed Cowbirds

Loggerhead shrike
Flycatcher -forked tail bit bit as long as scisfortail

Sent from my iPhone
Mary Ann Melton

Mary Ann's View Nature Photography Website
http://www.maryannmelton.net

Mary Ann's Blog
http://maryannmelton.blogspot.com/