[texbirds] Re: Brady Surber Passes Away today

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Lamont Brown <lamont@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 20:47:41 -0500

details.  He had been collecting ornithological data especially historical
birding info for Wilbarger Co and surrounding areas for several years..  We
were in touch for a good while as my childhood hometown was in Odell Texas
about 12 miles north of Vernon and I still retain an interest in what goes
on up there. We never met in person.   I am so sorry to hear he has passed
so young, taking his birding knowledge of that area along with him.  We
discussed a few historical things that likely no other birder/naturalist in
Texas will ever know or has known about...IE birding the wind breaks and
banks of the Red River..  Thanks for letting us know. My thoughts are with
his family and friends.
Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621