[texbirds] Bolivar and Anahuac today

  • From: David McDonald <dkmmdpa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2015 17:41:25 -0600

Hi Texbirders,

I started at Bolivar and did not find the Mountain Plover, but Sandy
Kroeger had seen it before I arrived.

I did pish up a few Nelson's Sparrows however. Only my second time to
see them....   http://www.pbase.com/davidmcd/image/159071794

At Skillern I looked again for the all white Pied-billed Grebe
photoed 2 weeks ago. It was last seen Tuesday 11 days ago.
No luck with that, but I did see a Tropical/Couch's kingbird
there...    http://www.pbase.com/davidmcd/image/159071795

He was across the bayou, and when I went to the other side, no sign of him.

Drove around Shoveler Pond and the only interesting photo was the
Ring-necked Duck trying to swallow something. It looks like a crab
maybe.....  http://www.pbase.com/davidmcd/image/159071796

I had seen the Krider's red-tail on 1985 last week, but no sign of him today.

There were 2 subadult Bald Eagles flying around at Anahuac.

Good birdind,

David McDonald
Friendswood TX