[texbirds] Bolivar CBC

  • From: "John Whittle" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "johnawhittle" for DMARC)
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 11:34:37 -0500

(Posted on behalf of Steve Mayes by John Whittle, Nederland, TX)

We had a great turn out and great weather for the Bolivar Peninsula Christmas
count on December 17 and the co-compilers David Sarkozi and Steve Mayes want to
thank everyone who came out as well as the Anahuac NWR, Houston Audubon, TOS
and all the private land owners who helped out.
The final count looks like it will be around 180 species (possibly a little
higher) with some really nice highlights including: Pacific Loon, Northern
Gannet, Whimbrel, Common Ground-Dove, Groove-billed Ani, Pileated Woodpecker,
Tufted Titmouse, American Redstart, Dark-eyed Junco, Painted Bunting,
Rose-breasted Grosbeak, Pine Siskin and no doubt a few others that I'm
forgetting.
Thanks to everyone for making it a great count and hope to see you all back
next year.

Steve Mayes
Nederland, TX