[texbirds] Bobolink - Bell County - Alligator Road Drainage just west of CR 352

  • From: Lee Hoy <leehoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TEXBIRDS <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 12:16:59 -0500

Hey Texbirders (the tickers, listers, patch birders, century clubbers,
photographers, "researchers" and all other categories of birders),
Had a very nice surprise while out near Granger Lake today.  A fall Bobolink
flew in and landed on a fence right next to the drainage on Alligator Road
just west of CR 352 (this is just barely in Bell County).  It was on my
wife's side of the car and she managed to snag a few identifiable photos of
the bird.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leehoy/9857769114/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leehoy/9857764074/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leehoy/9857777145/

This is my first record in the area and a great lifer for my wife.

And see, that is how you do it, photos, location, directions and a nice
smile to go along with it.  Man, that was really hard to do.

Oh, the bird is on private property, I assume it is since it was sitting on
a fence in farmland, and I presume if someone goes to look for it, you have
sense enough to not cross a fence.

And for all you sorry, lazy, no-good photographers (hey wait, that includes
me), please do your best to not disturb the bird while pressing the shutter
button.

Sorry, the sarcastic side of me just couldn't resist.

Good Birding,

Lee Hoy
Georgetown, TX