[texbirds] Re: Bob Ohmart

  • From: Bob Simmons <bsimmons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 17:21:18 -0500

Soon after I retired, Margret and I started birding more frequently, and one of
the outings we enjoyed most was the weekly ONC Ornithology Group birdwalk led
by Bob along with Howard Patton. Since it was midweek (Wednesdays, as I
recall), we two were often the only ones on the walk besides Bob and Howard. It
was studying at the feet of the masters for us, not to mention some rollicking
good times. RIP, Bob. You, too, Howard.

Bob Simmons
Houston, TX
bsimmons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Jun 26, 2015, at 10:54 AM, James Hinson <jmhinson@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Texbirders
Just wanted to pass along some information, that long time Houston birder Bob
Ohmart passed away last month. I know many of you knew Bob. He was active out
in the field, was always ready to go on a chase, and was always good for a
laugh. He'll be missed.
In lieu of flowers, contributations can be made to the American Cancer
Society, The Multiple Sclerosis Society, or a charity of your choice.
Jim HinsonHouston, Tx.