[texbirds] Re: Bob Ohmart

  • From: Michael Womer <mbwomer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 15:28:19 -0500

Bob and Caroline have been our friends and neighbors for a number of years.
I last saw Bob about 4 months ago. He seemed very wistful that he wasn't
going to get those last few birds. Was he close to 700? I can't quite
remember. I'm just a 3 year birder and he wished much fun and success in my
soujourn. Yes, he was a very good guy.
Mike Womer
Katy, Texas

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 11:54 AM, Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Sad news...I always likeed Bob though I have not seen him in a good while.
He was on some of the 3 day Kenedy Ranch visits and was always very easy
going and interested. Great guy!
Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/
Finca Alacranes., Utley,Texas

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 11:19 AM, Redacted sender carolynohl@xxxxxxx for
DMARC <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My most memorable time spent with Bob was during a Hummingbird festival
at
Ft Davis. I was hosting at one of the sites in the Davis Mountan Resort
where festival participants were being brought. Bob had come with the
first
group and planning on leaving with the second group. We waited for hours
and the second group never showed. That's because torrential rains fell
and
prevented it. So he and I eventually left in my little pickup. It was a
harrowing trip out, let me assure you. Wash outs and flooded roads from
beginning to end, but we made it. Luckily I'm used to these West Texas
flash flood conditions.

Carolyn Ohl-Johnson
Big Bend area