[texbirds] Re: Bob Ohmart

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "carolynohl@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: jmhinson@xxxxxxx, texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 12:19:29 -0400

My most memorable time spent with Bob was during a Hummingbird festival at Ft
Davis. I was hosting at one of the sites in the Davis Mountan Resort where
festival participants were being brought. Bob had come with the first group and
planning on leaving with the second group. We waited for hours and the second
group never showed. That's because torrential rains fell and prevented it. So
he and I eventually left in my little pickup. It was a harrowing trip out, let
me assure you. Wash outs and flooded roads from beginning to end, but we made
it. Luckily I'm used to these West Texas flash flood conditions.

Carolyn Ohl-Johnson
Big Bend area