[texbirds] Blue-headed Vireo, Rooney Park, Ft. Stockton, Pecos Co

  • From: Matthew York <mwayork@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tx Birds Listserv New <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 15:34:12 -0600

This afternoon I happened upon a BHVI at Rooney Park in Ft. Stockton.
Apparently one had been reported here in late-Dec by the Hardeways.

The bird was seen along the pines near the main north entrance off 285.
Bright and broad yellow-green flanks, the gray head sporting white spectacles
contrasted with the greenish back.

Not terribly birdy as cold as it is.  Red-naped and Yellow-billed Sapsuckers,
Red-breasted Nuthatch, and a few others.

Matt York
Marathon
Brewster Co.

Sent from my iPhoneEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at