[texbirds] Re: Blue Jays and west Nile thread

  • From: Jack Eitniear <jackeitniear@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, jwilbur@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 06:50:18 -0700 (PDT)

Jay and others with interest in this thread...
My local Blue Jays all produced young this year so we had 8-10 at the feeder.
We are now down to 2...of course I have no actual proof it was West Nile
however 3 years ago when I lost some of my fantail pigeons to West Nile the
Blue Jay population totally crashed. Eitherit is a real coincidence or the jay
is really sensitive to the virus.
Jack Eitniearnear SA Airport

 jce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"We will be known forever by the tracks we leave" Dakota Indian Saying