[texbirds] Re: Blue Jays and west Nile

  • From: Brady Surber <supersurber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <spkelley@xxxxxxxxx>, <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 08:52:01 -0500

Stopped by Oak Point Park/Nature Preserve in Plano (Collin County) yesterday
after a  Dr. apt. in Dallas. Had 2 American Crows and at least 3 Blue Jays
despite the mega West Nile outbreak in the area.

Brady Surber
Vernon, TX

Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 16:16:40 -0500
Subject: [texbirds] Re: Blue Jays and west Nile
From: spkelley@xxxxxxxxx
To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dan, et. al.
We're in Allandale and have lost one ten strong scold of Jays and are in the
process of losing the one which moved in after the old family group collapsed.
It's really sad. I love Jays: http://www.seanpaulkelley.com/?p=1345

On a different note: I heard a raven flying overhead late last week, but it was
only a short overflight. Never heard it again.
Sean Paul KelleyCentral Austin

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Dan Smith <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In central Austin, I have not heard a jay or a crow in at least 3 weeks.

Dan Smithdan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://www.wordsmithofaustin.com