[texbirds] Blue Jay family group in Edinburg

  • From: Tim Brush <txbrush5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 13:08:10 -0500

The resident Blue Jays have produced a brood, as I heard and saw today in
Edinburg. Around 11:00 AM, we heard some loud Blue Jay "screaming", which
led us to 2-3 recent fledglings in an oak tree in a neighbors' yard. I got
a few so-so photos, but did get to see an adult feed a fledgling at least
once. These birds are notoriously hard to pin down--the best answer is to
live in the neighborhood, which isn't really helpful, I know. My guess
would be morning or evening, on McKee Drive, or perhaps along the canal
itself.
I will update as I see/hear them. Contact me off-list if you want further
directions, but it's a dice-roll at best.

Best regards,
Tim Brush
Edinburg, TX