[texbirds] Blucher Park Bird Walks

  • From: lmj6464@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 15:56:54 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Texbirders,

We had a great turnout of 36 birders on a cool and almost windless morning.
This was really a diverse group; we had people from Wisconsin, Oregon, New
York, Montana and, to my knowledge, the first ever participant from Rhode
Island.

The birds were diverse also, but were not too numerous.  We had 54 species, but
only 10 species of warblers.  It was more of a thrush day, with Veery,
Gray-cheeked and Swainson's Thrushes.

Thanks to Jo Creglow for hosting and Bob Creglow and Dave Grise for leading the
walks.

The noteworthy species included:

Franklin's Gull
Yellow-billed Cuckoo