[texbirds] Black-throated Gray Warbler (Hays County)

  • From: Romey Swanson <romeyswanson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 20:36:58 -0600

This is not a chase-able bird.  It is located on private property.
Today (27 Feb 2013) at 1730 I observed an adult male Black-throated Gray
Warbler in the vicinity of Stokes Park in San Marcos, Texas.  This species
(presumably individual) has exhibited extreme site fidelity, being observed
within this area 3 of the last 4 winters.  To the best of my knowledge, no
positive reports were made during winter 2011/2012.

In other news, returning Couch's Kingbird are located at Spring Lake
Preserve in San Marcos and I believe I found another individual working the
area between the San Marcos River and the lake just off Cape Street in San
Marcos (directly south of Stokes Park and west of the TPWD A.E. Wood Fish
Hatchery).

Romey Swanson
Geronimo, TX