[texbirds] Black-tailed Godwit and more.

  • From: Stenmead@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 10:22:35 -0400 (EDT)

Texbirders,

My internet was down until about 15 minutes ago, or I would have posted
this yesterday when I returned from seeing the B-T Godwit. First, thank you
Ron Weeks for your great observation and bird id skills and for being so
alert  and focused on the identification of this incredible bird!

A Cinnamon and Green-winged Teal were in the same scope view with the B-T
Godwit.  The pond on the east side of CR227 was full of Egrets and
Spoonbills when we arrived and the light was gorgeous.  Then about 6:00pm a
group
of 8 or so Wood Storks arrived and began scooping up  and scarfing  down good
sized fish.  Then surprise...a spoonbill caught what looked to be  a 5 or 6
inch fish, struggled with it, then swallowed it down.

There are other good birds with the B-T Godwit, what else can we find  :)

Stennie Meadours
San Leon