[texbirds] Black-tailed Godwit Present Until At Least 6:15PM

  • From: Ron Weeks <ronweeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 17:01:56 -0700 (PDT)

TexBirders,

Godwit still in pond on east side of CR227 half mile south of FM2004 until I
left at 6:15PM this evening.  Also 3 spiffy female Wilson's Phalaropes, 2 Stilt
Sandpipers, 16 White-rumps and many yellowlegs.  On main Brazoria NWR tour
loop,
I had a Dunlin and 2 Short-billed Dowitchers in Gator Nest Pond along with
about
50 Wood Storks and 70 American Avocets mostly in Crosstrails Pond.  Lots of
great shorebird habitat in the area right now.

Hoping the pond will be godwit-friendly for at least a few more days.

Ron Weeks
Lake Jackson