[texbirds] Re: Blackpoll Warbler in Bexar County

  • From: Heidi Trudell <heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mark.Lockwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 22:00:40 -0500

I'd forgotten the date on the Alpine Blackpoll but I had certainly
chalked it up to the drought; it was one of the few birds I saw on the
ground that spring/summer that didn't seem weak - or already dead!

We've had 2 Wilson's Phalaropes at the ponds for a few days now, both
female, I'm leaning early fall migrants and definitely looking forward
to whatever else will stop over, now that there's (limited) access!

Thanks for chiming in on my behalf - hadn't followed the thread at all
until I saw the name drop. Now, back to the grind...

-h

Heidi Trudell
Marathon, TX

--

Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary
necessities. - Mark Twain