[texbirds] Black-capped Vireos at Eaton Hill

  • From: "Eaton Hill Nature Center" <eatonhill@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 12:49:20 -0500

Black-capped Vireos are making their appearance on the grounds of Eaton Hill
Nature Center.  A visiting birder sent photos from his recent visit on Sunday,
April 7 showing two males near a water feature and Native American exhibit
located approximately 1/4 mile NW of the main facility.  Today I heard one
loudly calling from the vegetation along a dirt two-track that leads to our
large flag pole near I-10.  I never did see it, which was frustrating
considering I was standing quite close to the source of the call on two
occasions.
The wonderful photo sent to us by Mark Wilson of Austin, Texas has been posted
to our Facebook page.
www.facebook.com/eatonhillnaturecenter
-Rita Mae Frey
Eaton Hill Nature Center