[texbirds] Black-capped Vireo at Warbler Woods

  • From: Lora Render <lorarend@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 19:53:53 -0500

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Everyone,
     After I read Susan's posting of the BCV at WW, I decided to head over in
hopes of getting some good looks at the bird which was no problem at all.   Don
graciously guided 3 of us to the area and quickly identified the bird by it's
call.  The bird is very quick but once it starts calling sits patiently well
hidden, I'm sure most of you'll have seen the shot I took a picture of from the
back of my LCD on the camera but headed out again around 3:45 to 5:00 and
managed some more shots, these seem to be the best ones.  The second photo is
when the bird popped out at ground level on an open perch.
Thanks Don and Susan for sharing WW,  such a wonderful place.

Lora Render
San Antonio, Tx.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/texaslorarend/7245744142/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/texaslorarend/7245743436/in/photostream/