[texbirds] Black-billed Cuckoo, College Station

  • From: Bryan Calk <bryanrcalk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 00:51:44 -0500

Howdy,
Late in the afternoon on Tuesday, I found a Black-billed Cuckoo sitting in
a cedar tree at Brother's Pond Park in College Station! The park had a
really nice variety of birds including Bay-breasated, Canada, Blackburnian,
Wilson's, Chestnut-sided, Magnolia, Am. Redstart, Empids (including one
briefly calling yellow-bellied), and thrushes singing everywhere
(Swainson's and Gray-cheeked for sure). Most of the action was leading up
to the cuckoo, and things seemed to settle down as the evening went on.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bryan_calk/14159517676/

I'll also say here that Mark and Rick reported good numbers of birds of all
kinds at Brison Park in College Station today as well, including a Veery!

Good birding,

Bryan Calk
College Station/Fort Clark