[texbirds] Black Swan at JJ Mayes Trace in Wallisville Project 12/15/13

  • From: DHanson139@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 20:59:56 -0500 (EST)

I have had a couple of people say my post from my phone was garbled so here
 it is again. I came across this Black Swan feeding in the marsh at JJ
Mayes  Trace in the Wallisville Project on the Trinity River. This site is
between the  Old and Lost Rivers bridge and the Trinity River bridge on I-10.
Follow the road  in and when you see the first boardwalk that goes to the left
across the marsh  the bird has been in the pond about 50 yds past that
boardwalk. It was feeding  with a bunch of American Coots.

Pictures
http://smu.gs/18u9Y3Z

David  Hanson
Baytown/Mont Belvieu Area