[texbirds] Birds at the Nature Discovery, Bellaire TX

  • From: birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "tex birds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 00:39:51 -0400 (EDT)

Hi everyone,

There were a fair amount of good birds both yesterday and today at the Nature
Discovery Center In Russ Pitman Park, Bellaire.

The tree top warblers move around and in, out and into the park again
frequently. The walkers and skulkers were just hanging out...

Most birds were there both days. Here is the combined list. We had 12 Warbler
species today and 11 yesterday.

Black-bellied Whistling Ducks (overhead)
Cooper's Hawk -2 (nesting)
E. Screech Owl - 2 ad (in boxes)
Chimney Swifts - 4-5
Eastern Wood-Pewee - 2+
Acadian Flycatcher - 2 (calling all day)
unidentified Empids
Great-Crested Flycatcher - 4-5
Red-eyed Vireo - 2+
Wood Thrush - 2
Swainson's Thrush - 3+
American Robin - 1
Blue -winged Warbler - 1
Tennessee W. - ab 12
N. Parula - 2+
Black & White Warbler 2-3
Cerulean Warbler - 2m
Blackburnian Warbler - 2
Black-throated Green Warbler - 1m
Kentucky Warbler - 1m
Hooded Warbler - 1m & 1f
Worm-eating Warbler - 1
Swainson's Warbler - 1
Ovenbird - 1
Northern Waterthrush - 1
Summer Tanager - 1m
Rose-breasted Grosbeak - 1F
Indigo Buntings
Baltimore Oriole - 1-2 m
& the usual residents

Join our free Lunch with the Birds Walk next Wednesday at noon or our evening
birdwalk next Tues at 6 pm.

The Nature Discovery Center is located in Russ Pitman Park, 7112 Newcastle,
between Bellaire Blvd and Evergreen St, just inside Loop 610 in Bellaire TX.

Mary Ann Beauchemin
Senior Naturalist
Nature Discovery Center
mbeauch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
713-667-6550 (phone)
713-667-7654 (fax)

For more information about the Nature Discovery Center, our programs and how
you can support our work, visit www.naturediscoverycenter.org