[texbirds] Birds and birdwalks at the Nature Discovery Center in Russ Pitman Park, Bellaire

  • From: birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 20:09:33 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

There was a nice variety of migrants at the Nature Discovery Center in Russ
Pitman Park, Bellaire today.  Most were here both before and after the rain.

Our FREE "Lunch with the Birds" birdwalks will begin this Wednesday, Sept 18th
from noon to about 1:15.  The will continue every Wednesday through November
6th, 2013.  Please feel free to join us!

Russ Pitman Park is located at 7112 Newcastle between Bellaire Blvd and
Evergreen St just inside Loop 610 in Bellaire TX.

Besides the usual resident birds we had the following migrants today:

9/16/13
Red-shouldered Hawks -2
Chimney Swifts - 12+
Ruby-throated Hummers -1M & 3 F or juvs
Rufous Hummer - 1M
Great Crested Flycatcher - 3
Eastern Wood-Pewee - 3+
Yellow-bellied Flycatcher - 1
Swainson's Thrush -1
Red-eyed Vireo - 3
Warbling Vireo -1
Black & White Warbler 1
Chestnut-sided Warbler - (bright 1st fall female plumage)
Canada W - juv F
Wilson's W - 1F
Hooded Warbler 1M
Worm-eating W -1
American Redstart - 1F & 1juv M

Happy birding!

Mary Ann Beauchemin
Senior Naturalist & Park Steward
Nature Discovery Center
mbeauch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
713-667-6550 (phone)
713-667-7654 (fax)

For more information about the Nature Discovery Center, our programs and how
you can support our work, visit www.naturediscoverycenter.org