[texbirds] Birding opportunities this week.

  • From: "Collins, Fred (Commissioner Pct. 3)" <FCollins@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Kleb Woods (Commissioner Pct. 3)" <KlebWoods@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 16:01:56 +0000

Dear all,
We have several birding opportunities this week. First will be the weekly
Wednesday bird walk at Kleb Woods, Oct 21st from 8:30-11 a.m. We have added
three species to the park list in the last four weeks so perhaps we will
continue the string of exceptional birds.

Then on Thursday Oct 22nd we will have the 4th Thursday bird walk at Bear Creek
Pioneer Park. That walk begins at 8:30 a.m. and last until about 10. Meet in
the parking lot of the Bear Creek Community Center, 3055 Bear Creek Drive,
77084. The group will look again for the Greater Pewee and the Western Tanager
that have been recently reported.

Thursday afternoon, Oct 22nd we will have the second Intro to Birding class.
This class will look at bird diversity to help beginners become familiar with
the various families of birds. The class will help students learn to recognize
the natural groupings of species that will help them more easily find a mystery
bird in their field guide. This class is from 3-4 p.m. and is at Kleb Woods
Nature Center

Fred Collins, Director
Kleb Woods Nature Center
20303 Draper Road,Tomball TX 77377