[texbirds] Birding at Hornsby and Walter Long Parks

  • From: Ferguson/Prothro Carol/brenda <jipseez@xxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 23:26:39 -0500

Hi,

Brenda and I went to Hornsby Bend Water Treatment Plant in Austin this morning.
 It was a pretty day, breezy after the front came in and perhaps, not as birdy
as it has been.  Did see a flock of 35 Sandhills as we entered the Hornsby
area.  Otherwise, the best birds for us was Wilson's Snipe and 5 White-faced
Ibis.  Then had a picnic at Walter E. Long Park and best bird was a Bald Eagle
soaring above.  Lists on ebird.

Carol Ferguson
presently at Leander, TX