[texbirds] Birding Corpus Christi

  • From: Beth Duncan <Beth.Duncan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 13:38:40 +0000

Finally made it to coast.  Was afraid we would miss everything since we did not
make it for the "great fallout".  We were pleasantly surprised to see a diverse
number of species.  While there may not have been as many of any single
species, we certainly had some nice finds.

We birded Blucher Park, Rose Hill Cemetery and Red Head Ponds and Hans Suter
Park.  We were not aggressive in our birding and logged 107 species ( 24
warblers).  We are off to Port Aransas today hoping storms from last night will
produce some good results.

Highlights were:

Golden-winged at Rose Hill along with Cerulean (male)

MacGillivary's at Blucher

Cerulean (2 females) at Hans Suter

Beth Duncan

Leander, Williamson Co., TX