[texbirds] Birders needed for Anahuac NWR Bolivar Penn CBC

  • From: David Sarkozi <david@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 20:33:48 -0600

The Bolivar Peninsula CBC will be Thursday December 18, 2014. We
desperately need birders who can cover parts of Anahuac NWR. We will
be able to access much of the refuge that day.

Please see the map at
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z-xsH4yLp96c.kLqaapc1Y3j0

I have the refuge divided up into smaller sections and I would like to
get birders who can adopt a section before count day so we can get
right to it that morning.

If you have been doing an area traditionally I definitely want you to
continue doing that area.

Some of these areas will take most of the day to cover, others maybe
half a day and you can cover more than one.

Last year we tried to cover the whole refuge with just seven people.
That's just not enough to do 34,000 acres justice! There are a lot of
honey holes on the refuge and I know with good coverage we can find
something really special.

--
David Sarkozi
Houston, TX