[texbirds] Re: Birder needed for my Frontera Birdathon team.

  • From: antshrike1@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 21:04:22 -0400 (EDT)

The position has been filled but we're still happy to accept pledges.

It's time again for Frontera Audubon's nearly annual birdathon fundraiser.

So, have you enjoyed any of the following rarities at the Frontera Audubon
Thicket?  Maybe even twitched a lifer?

Roadside Hawk
Gray Hawk
Zone-tailed Hawk
Mangrove Cuckoo
Green Kingfisher
Ringed Kingfisher
Elegant Trogon
Violet-crowned Hummingbird
Northern Beardless-Tyrannulet
Dusky-capped Flycatcher
Black-capped Vireo
Blue Mockingbird
Clay-colored Thrush
White-throated Thrush
Golden-crowned Warbler
Crimson-collared Grosbeak
Blue Bunting

Wow!  What a list!  Hard to imagine that all these magnificent birds have been
found within the boundaries of Frontera's fourteen acres.  That doesn't even
consider the myriad of migrant flycatchers, vireos, warblers, thrushes,
grosbeaks, buntings and orioles that annually use the Thicket as a resting and
feeding stop on their long migratory journey.  And it wouldn't be possible
without the kind donations of birders like you.  The operation and maintenance
of the Thicket depends on your generous gifts.

Saturday April 5, my team The Wild Turkeys will be trying to see how many
species of birds we can see from 7 AM to 7PM.  I'll be happy to accept pledges
of any size. You can pledge so much per species seen or a set amount or even
just buy a membership for the year.  Any amount will be appreciated.  Or you
can pledge for other teams.  Send me an email or call Frontera      956-968-3275

Thank you,

Dan Jones, Weslaco
antshrike1@xxxxxxx