[texbirds] Birder Patrol Trip on Sept 27

  • From: "Mary Beth Stowe" <mbstowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Texbirds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 07:44:07 -0500

Hi, all!

This month's Birder Patrol trip (weather permitting) will be along Boca
Chica Highway to the beach; we plan on stopping periodically along the road
to see/hear what we can see/hear, and if conditions allow, to drive along
the beach some (but recent reports suggest that probably won't be possible).
Hoped-for species include Aplomado Falcon, Chihuahuan Raven, and whatever
shorebirds happen to be around (we usually see plenty of Reddish Egrets on
this route as well, but nothing's guaranteed.).

Stay tuned:  Right now rain is in the forecast for Saturday (80%), but I'll
send out an update on Friday; if the forecast for Saturday still calls for a
greater-than 50% chance of rain, consider the trip cancelled (at least the
formal, leader-led version).

Thanks,

Mary Beth Stowe

McAllen, TX