[texbirds] Birder Patrol Trip Saturday, 28 JUN

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "MiriamEagl@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 08:30:47 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, all!

This month's Bird Patrol trip (next Saturday) will be to the Yturrias Tract
 of the Lower Rio Grande Valley NWR.  Varied Buntings have been reported,
so  that will be one that we'll look for, but we'll look for other "desert"
type  things as well; it also can be a good place for butterflies and
dragonflies.  If we have time (and it's not too hot) we may do some
road-birding
up Pipeline Road, a dirt road just west of there in Starr  County.

Yturrias is a walk-in area, although there's a very short dirt road on the
east side of the property where you can bird from the car, so BRING WATER
and a  hat--it's gonna get warm out there!!

Meet at the Whataburger in La Joya at 6:30 so we can get out there around
dawn.  Cost is $5.00 per person, and all proceeds go to support the
educational endeavors of Arroyo Colorado Audubon.

See you there!  MB
Mary Beth  Stowe
McAllen, TX
_www.miriameaglemon.com_ (http://www.miriameaglemon.com/)