[texbirds] Re: Bird with no face, no bill - ID quiz/more photos

  • From: MBB22222@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 19:49:34 -0400 (EDT)

Due to quite large interest (most people were very close with ID and rest
were going into right direction) I decided to add a few more photos that, I
think, have enough hints to ID these birds.

From the face
_http://www.pbase.com/mbb/image/149251094_
(http://www.pbase.com/mbb/image/149251094)
_http://www.pbase.com/mbb/image/149251095_
(http://www.pbase.com/mbb/image/149251095)
_http://www.pbase.com/mbb/image/149251093_
(http://www.pbase.com/mbb/image/149251093)
_http://www.pbase.com/mbb/image/149251092_
(http://www.pbase.com/mbb/image/149251092)

To the back (supposedly more important; isn’t that interesting that we have
 to look at the back, not face, to make a better ID judgment?)

_http://www.pbase.com/mbb/image/149251097_
(http://www.pbase.com/mbb/image/149251097)

Mark B Bartosik
Houston, Texas
_http://www.pbase.com/mbb/from_the_field_
(http://www.pbase.com/mbb/from_the_field)

In a message dated 3/17/2013 1:13:07 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
MBB22222@xxxxxxx writes:
So here  we have a bird looking at you but  it looks like he has no  bill,
no face. Can you tell what is  it?

_http://www.pbase.com/image/149246394_
(http://www.pbase.com/image/149246394)