[texbirds] Bird walk at Quinta Mazatlan

  • From: John Brush <jsbrush10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 11:19:39 -0600

I had 11 folks join me for the bird walk this morning. We didn't see either
of the tanagers species, but we did see some other good birds. An Olive
Sparrow continues to sing vigorously in the Hummingbird Garden. We also saw
a Curve-billed Thrasher really working on eating a lizard it had caught -
it was a fun process to observe. We had a distant look at an adult
Zone-tailed Hawk (soaring over the fields outside QM), and one of our
Eastern Screech-Owls poked its head out to give us great looks (
http://www.flickr.com/photos/olivaceousj/8510802824/in/photostream).
Plain Chachalaca  14
Turkey Vulture  35
Sharp-shinned Hawk  1