[texbirds] Bird Pictures from Home and Galveston

  • From: DHanson139@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 10:07:19 -0400 (EDT)

Here are some pictures (20) from the last 3-4 days. The first of the
Red-shouldered Hawk is from our house as are the Hummingbird pictures. The
Lesser Black-backed Gull pictures are from San Louis Pass and Warblers from
Lafitte's Cove. I did not get a lot of pictures at Lafitte's Cove because it
was
 pretty late and lots of shadows. The Gull pictures are interesting if you
are  trying to learn gulls as I am. There are 3 of what I am 99% sure is a
first  winter Lesser Black-backed Gull with an adult and individual pictures
of both.  The last 2 are of a Least Flycatcher at Lafitte's Cove. If any of
you gull or  flycatcher aficionados disagree with the ID please let me know
because I am  still trying to learn. I would also like to apologize to Simon
if you are  reading. I initially called the Palm Warbler a Prairie and I
knew that just  didn't sound right but did not snap to what I had done until I
was on my way  home.

_http://smu.gs/14L5CBn
David  Hanson
Baytown/Mont Belvieu Area